Wordcamps come in different forms depending on the local community and its users that produce them. It includes sessions on how to use WordPress more effectively, beginning with plug-in and theme development, advanced techniques, security, etc.
Wordcamps are mostly attended by people like newbie bloggers, WordPress experts, Professional WordPress developers, etc. however, each Wordcamp is different than the other, depending on its speakers, organizers and attendees.
WordPress helps in showcasing local talent, as each individual event is organized by local wordpress users, developers and fans. The primary reason for the event is that, the members get to geek out for a day or two with other people just as obsessed as you about wordpress.
The Wordcamp is held at the Kansas City this year on July 11-13th. It is open to all skill levels. Sessions generally span a variety of formats, including lectures/ presentations, live demos, Q&A, Workshops, etc.
This year wordcamp KC will have 4 tracks:
- WordPress 101 – this track focuses on the basics of WordPress. From choosing between .org and .com, content strategies, and working with themes or plug-ins. This is the place to get most of the questions answered.
- Frontend Web design – this track will include tips and tricks for design and development. Which tools work the best, will be discussed in this session.
- Backend Development – this will include heavy development work, like, Core contributions, how to get started in making a new plug-in and a close look at KCPT’s current modifications with WordPress.
- Entrepreneur – there will be discussions on how to manage multiple user workflows, eCommerce and other important things used by an entrepreneur
- Friday, July 11th, 2014, Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Registration: 5:00 pm
Location: Kansas City Public Television Studios
- Saturday, July 12th, 2014, Time: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
After Party: 7:00 pm
Location: Kauffman Foundation convention Centre
- Sunday, July 13th, 2014
Contribute Day, Time: 10:00 am
The schedules are still prone to updates; hence for any further information and updates in the schedule, please keeping checking http://2014.kansascity.wordcamp.org/