WordCamp Vancouver, 2014 – An event most awaited
Wordcamp is a conference that focuses on WordPress. It’s an informal, community-based event put together by WordPress users.
Wordcamp Vancouver 2014 will be a special developer’s edition, focused on topics for those who use WordPress to build websites. It would consist topics for wordpress developers and designers of any level of expertise. The main aim of this event is to offer an open community environment to its members for them to learn about what tools are available within WordPress and the third party technology available to help improve WordPress.
The venue is BCIT Downtown Campus located at 555 Seymore Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6B 3H6.
Wordcamp 2014, Vancouver is organized by Jill Binder, Joey Kudish, Flynn O’Connor, and Kirk Wight
Schedule, July 26th, 2014
Time: 9:00am to 4:00 pm
- Function of .PHP and how to quit it
- How to build a custom widget
- Accessibility with CSS: Making websites better for everyone
- Provisioning, Deployment, and Development setup for infrastructure
- WordPress single page web apps
- Future responsive today – embracing mobile-first with and flexbox
- WordPress Security
- App-ifying WordPress
- Creating Whole-hearted experiences
- Magic with CSS Pseudo-starters
- WordPress Elasticsearch
- How to create a Robot (Lightning Talk)
- Responsive web development made easy with CSS and the mobile plug-in (Lightning Talk)
- Introduction to the command line (Lightning Talk)
- Advanced Custom Fields (Lightning Talk)
- Getting started with unit tests
Tickets will remain on sale until Monday, July 21. Walk-ins are not accepted. Hence it is advisable to get your seat booked well in advance to avoid hassles.
For information on tickets and updates on the schedule, please visit the site regularly, http://2014.vancouver.wordcamp.org/