Wordcamp Weekend at Milwaukee, July 26, 27, and 28, 2014 – Learn, Meet People, and Enjoy!
Wordcamps are basically organized to learn how to use WordPress and create great content sites for the web, however that’s not all, it is also beneficial for establishing networks with other developers, designers, business owners, freelancers, WordPress experts, and bloggers.
WordCamp Milwaukee is back with its third year, and is expected to be biggest and the best so far. The schedule of this year looks amazing, with 48 presentations, 4 workshops, a hackathon, the Happiness bar, and an after-party for networking.
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-MILWAUKEE SCHOOL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
161 W Wisconsin Ave #6000
Milwaukee, WI 53203
The UWM SCE is located in downtown Milwaukee at the corner of Wisconsin and Plankinton, on the top two floors of the Grand Avenue Mall, right above TJ Maxx.
Let us see the Schedule in detail:
Thursday, July 24th
- Milwaukee WordPress Meet Up: For those, wanting to get in early for WordPress fun, a normal monthly meet up has been scheduled for the night before the Wordcamp starts, to get to know each other and probably even get a bite to eat.
Friday, July 25th, Time, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Foundation Friday Workshops: This is brought back by popular demand of the members. These workshops are intended to bring people up to par and ready for the weekend. Intro workshops will be held for designers, Theme developers and, plug-in developers. These workshops have limited participation with each one registering a maximum of 40 attendees.
- Wordcamp Charity Hackathon: In this session a full web presence will be provided to one Wisconsin non-profit organization. WordPress experts will join forces to provide their specific expertise to a WordPress project for a selected non-profit organization. This is a great opportunity for any attendee to lend a helping hand while learning from other WordPress pros. Everyone is invited to lend a hand, regardless of their skills and experience.
Saturday, July 26th, Time, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Registration: 8:00 am
- Opening Remarks: 9:00 am
- Lunch: 12:30 pm
- After-Party: 7:00 pm
- WordPress Happiness Bar: WordPress Experts will be Manning the bar throughout the day. These experts will be ready to answer any questions related to the WordPress site, or any other problem that you might have. One can also volunteer to help out at the happiness bar; you might want to check the website for more details.
- Wordcamp After-Party: after a long day of Wordcamp, everyone needs to let loose and relax while talking with fellow attendees. The after party will be held short after the last session ends for people to network with speakers, and other attendees. This is open for all the attendees and they will be required to carry a badge along.
Sunday, July27th, Time – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Lunch: 12:30 pm
- Sunday Sessions:A full slate of presentations is scheduled on various WordPress topics with three different tracks, throughout the day. The topics include, using WordPress, Designing, Development, Marketing, Social Media, Business and more. Coffee and water will be served throughout the day and hopefully even snacks will be provided.
And the day will end with the WordPress Happiness Bar.
You might want to keep checking the official Wordcamp Milwaukee site, for more details and updates on the schedule, http://2014.milwaukee.wordcamp.org/